Music Banter - View Single Post - KISS- why not retire??
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #290 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Sweeet jesus, you're such a nancy sometimes. You know, i'd like to point out that at least im on topic when I trash someones music taste. I never take a sharp left turn midthread and attack you (like you did to me in that Nirvana bashing thread in which you IMed me and said "go ahead, raise my warning level" as if to provoke me).

You never seem to have an issue with me until someones crapping on your bands, and as I've shown above, I don't even hav to be involved. God forbid youa ctually defend your point of view rather than come after me as some tyranical mod that ruins everyones day when You and one other person are the only ones who complain.

Maybe im wrong but I never said I wanted all abnds to be Kiss. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I own one (1) iTune from kiss which is love gun, thats it. I spent .99 cents on my Kiss collection so lets chill out on the word twisting.

My defence (as I recall) was that Kiss had the right idea and Ill quote Soundgarden here "Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, they were good, but they were too bloated too often and I always thought, man if they just took some of those parts out this song would be amazing...Kiss seemed to get it, they seemed to know what it was all about."

Kiss are more Akin to the ramones than either band was to Zep or The Who. Its not their lack of instrumentation, or mind expanding lyrics, its their idea of what rock should be, and im sorry if that idea was that the ELP marathon on the radio in the mid-seventies was KILLING ROCK MUSIC.

I happen to agree with one school of thought on rock music, you don't get over it.