Music Banter - View Single Post - Essay: Music and Politics Anyone have input??
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
rudgrljungalist
Purple monkey dishwasher

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
I'd have to think and write for quite a long time to say my mind on this topic, so I won't do it right now.

This sentence.

Is ****ing brilliant. If it isn't a quote from elsewhere then you HAVE to include it in your essay, as it pretty much blows away the initial argument that musicians don't have any real political/social impact within a few seconds.
I'm not sure if anyone else has made similar remarks, but that quote came straight from my brain as I was typing it in here. So I'm truly flattered and humbly accept that as a huge compliment (and also thanks 2 tha doc, Turtle Power!!)(sry, couldn't help myself).The only flaw with this essay, is I only have 2 months to work on it, which seems totally unrealisitic considering the subject matter. Of couse I'll cover RATM, and SOAD, but also more classical examples of politically based music (Dylan ex.). The basis for my thesis is "Do music and politics influence each other in the same capacity?" (proving that no they do not). I'll keep y'all "posted" on the progress.
Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
rudgrljungalist is offline   Reply With Quote