Music Banter - View Single Post - The Urban 100 - 4 Years On (Now With Added Authors Commentary)
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 03:29 AM   #260 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

David Bowie has an album up there for sure... I predict it will be Low.

I'll also say Primal Scream and The Fall have an album in the top 3.

One more thing, i disagree with your statements regarding Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors, it's a badass track and it has a great climatic ending... But i wouldn't put it on par with the bands best work.

I also wouldn't say that Electioneering is completely out of place with the rest of OK Computer, Electioneering is crazy and out there, and it's hyper like a 8 year old on a sugar high, so it that respect it reminds me very much of the heavy metal-ish breakdown sections from Paranoid Android... So with that in mind, i think they were still being consistant (somewhat) when they decided to put the song on the album.

Either way, i think it's a very good song, and i think the only reason most Radiohead fans seem to hate it is because it's radically different from every other song on OK Computer... I think if it were on The Bends instead or even released as a single then people would realise how well it stands out pretty well on it's own... One reason i love the song is because the guitar playing is just totally out of controll, with one of the wildest solos i have ever heard... If i remember correctly, Jonny Greenwood has listed it as one of his favorite songs to perform live, even though he's not too fond of the actual song and considers it one of his least favorite Radiohead songs, odd huh?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote