Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Metallica Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #242 (permalink)
PostPsychosis666
Music Addict

Either way this argument goes, Metallica is still a metal band (the best ever, that is ) , And metal bands progress, i mean, look at Pantera if you want to see a good example. Im not saying bands always progress in the right way, or in the way i want them to (St.Anger), but non-the-less, every band seems to progress.

Now to get back to what the poll is about... Do I Think Metallica Can produce a good album? Yes, i do, especially with Rick Ruban producing. He is an amazing producer, you can see that in his works with slayer, slipknot, and even softer bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I really hope Lars tones it way down (to 0, if possible) on the trash can **** that he did on St.Anger.
I really hope they dont over-think this new album, becaise thats what i personally think is wrong with St.Anger, they even said that they "wanted it to sound like a garage band that just got togather" , and they tried different things, which is OK, but now they see thats its not well recepted.
I am not expecting a new Ride the Lighting, or MOP, i am expecting a good solid METAL album.
There's nothing I can't do
I'll rip your heart out of your chest
Watch it beat as you cry
I revel in your agony
I violate and make you die
PostPsychosis666 is offline   Reply With Quote