Music Banter - View Single Post - how come Metal doesnt have a forum of its own?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #88 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
You mean to tell me a man against genres is going to champion some corner-office conceived horse**** like "New Wave of Brittish Heavy metal."
Well I didn`t name it.I`m not against genres i`m just asking a valid question.If metal has been around since the early 70s why can nobody name any metal bands from then.

Quote:
Lord knows what they were thinking, but let me put it to you this way. If those were the new guys, how come they didn't do a ****ing thing like Zeppelin or Deep Purple. Wheres the mind-numbing experimentation (thats a bad thing), or the bloated double-albums. Wheres the pomposity. I don't know why they called it that, why is grunge grunge? New Wave? Why is it New Wave, was there an old wave?
Really? I could have sworn Iron Maiden said main two influences were Deep Purple & Jethro Tull at the time. You don`t think that Iron Maiden making 15 minute long songs and concept albums was influenced by that at all? Diamond Head , Influenced by the likes of Zeppelin , Purple & Sabbath , Def Leppard were originally influenced by Judas Priest, Queen , UFO & Thin Lizzy, I could go on.
Why is it New Wave? well i`d hazard a guess that the old wave was punk given that pretty much all new wave bands were influenced by punk in some way.

I find it ironic that a Metallica fan would dismiss the movement so easily when Lars Ulrich put out a compilation album of his favourite new wave of british heavy metal tracks on it`s 10th anniversary saying if it wasn`t for that Metallica wouldn`t exist.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote