Music Banter - View Single Post - how come Metal doesnt have a forum of its own?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #91 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Really? I could have sworn Iron Maiden said main two influences were Deep Purple & Jethro Tull at the time. You don`t think that Iron Maiden making 15 minute long songs and concept albums was influenced by that at all? Diamond Head , Influenced by the likes of Zeppelin , Purple & Sabbath , Def Leppard were originally influenced by Judas Priest, Queen , UFO & Thin Lizzy, I could go on.
Why is it New Wave? well i`d hazard a guess that the old wave was punk given that pretty much all new wave bands were influenced by punk in some way.
Just because something is influenced by something doesn't make that something a metal band. Like Leftover Crack are ska/punk group and they're influenced by Slipknot. Thursday is influenced by Envy and they're a post-hardcore/pop-punk group. Just sayin'.

Plus, if you're going to be all "well it influenced it so it is" wouldn't that make Django Reinhardt a metal guitarist?
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote