Music Banter - View Single Post - Step Up To The Bar
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Doc.DGAF
Uhh-I am Octiposter-huhuh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
I haven't touched alcohol for over 3 1/2 years. And yes, to quell any speculation, I am an alcoholic. The day I hit another car with mine was the day I realized I could actually hurt someone else besides myself. I haven't had a drop since.

I miss it sometimes. Not getting drunk, mind you, but the activity of drinking. It was something to do. I drank by myself, of course. I am solitary by nature, that hasn't changed. That's why I like it here at MB. Not to upset anyone, but this is where I can speak to people on my own terms. No one can invade my space, unless I choose to let them.

That's why I don't own a cell phone. Where I am and what I'm doing is my business, and it offends me to think someone can just call me, where ever I might be, whether I want them to or not.

Anyway, about the drinking, I went to AA for about six months. It got to where I couldn't stand it. The same people with the same complaints, day in and day out. "Oh, I wanted to drink so bad today!". They were sober, but still worshipping alcohol, you know? I was like, when are you going to take your life back?

When I quit, I was an alcoholic first and foremost. But, there comes a point where you have to stop letting alcohol control who you are. I evolved from alcoholic, into father, husband, son, brother, coworker, and, oh yeah, I also can't drink because once I start, I can't stop.

You see what I mean? You have to be a person first eventually, or you will live your life in the most miserable way possible: an alcoholic that can't think of anything else but the fact that they can't drink.
I give you your due serious and honest ups my friend. That's a helluva thing to do, I have alot of respect for somebody like that.

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.-Friedrich Nietzsche

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure.-Lord Byron

Popularity's bad for you. I avoid it like the plague.-Brian Mulrooney
Doc.DGAF is offline   Reply With Quote