Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #729 (permalink)
jr.
Seeker of Peace

I am not one to complain, but there is one thing that makes me reach deep for peace.

Why can't people simply be alone? What are they so afraid of? In their car...on the cell phone. What could possibly be so important that a person cannot drive from point A to point B, with having contact with another human being?

What is this need to always communicate? My son and I are sitting in a burger place, and these people sit down in the booth next to us. Three of the four whip out cell phones. "I just got to the restaurant".

I see people, just finished loading the groceries into the van, backing out of the parking space "Ok, I'm leaving the supermarket"

"Hey, I just sat down on the plane"

"The plane just landed"

Or my favorite....the person shopping, describing what they're looking at to someone on the other end of the phone. Are you that helpless...that insecure about making a decision?

Or are you simply afraid to be alone?

There is far too much talking. People have lost the art of simply being quiet, alone with their thoughts. I cherish my time alone. When I am in my car, I am completely alone, and no one can interrupt that.

Anyway, it's quiet right now. So, I am happy.