Music Banter - View Single Post - how has punk music changed
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

I grew up with the Clash, Dead Kennedy's, Love & Rockets, and the Ramones so I can honestly say that today's punk, today's music while we're at it is going down the drain a little.
This is the punk forum so I'll limit my rant.

Bands like The Clash and the Ramones weren't in the music biz just for the publicity. They were in it ebcuase they liked it and were good at it. Bands today just don't care about hwat they say as long as someone buys their records and they can hit platinum three times over. And that's jut not what it's about.
The crowds are different too. Maybe seven years ago I went to Warped Tour and I saw Green Day and I think it was 311, and they rocked and the crowd was loving it. I go to Warped Tour nowadays and the crowd is half dead and there's a Britney Spears look a like standing beside me trying to avoid breaking a nail in the pit. What the fudge?
ANd i know you guys know what I'm alking about.
Part of the problemw ith today's punk is that the bands are becoming too commerical and soliciting every audience they possibly can to get notice, adn letting the crowd's opinion influence them tot he point where they all sound the same and they all sound like garbage.
That's the problem. Less mainstream and more undergroud is the solution to better music.

Peace

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote