Music Banter - View Single Post - Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
hiu
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy
I am only 15, Just take a camera and go around a shoot. Thats the best way to learn.
If you really want to learn photography in the artistic sense you need to look into getting a 35mm SLR and a couple of black and white films and just experiment. Digital photography can only teach you so much, you need to know the original methods of photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Magnet
I like some photography, though I've never really understood what's so artistic about looking through a diminutive box and pushing a button.
It requires alot more than that. Firstly when you are taking the photographs you need to get the right appature for what you want, have the right shutter speed and setup a good composition. Then you have to process the film and then develop it and make some prints. You can then use a whole range of techniques while taking your film and making some prints, from using filters to masking, buring and dodging, to creating a movement burning effect to painting developer on your print. Those are just a few of the things you can use and the important thing is to see if you can do them well.
hiu is offline   Reply With Quote