Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #373 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I think its a pretty good song, there are some faulty points such as "selling soliders in a human grocery store" but they don't hang on that line, its here and gone as fast as the song will allow and some of the stazas aren't so much poetry but heartfelt observation, almost springsteen-esque:

"Did you wear a balck armband when they shot the man who said "peace could last forever", and in my first memories they shot Kennedy, I went numb when I learned to see so I never fell for Vietnam gat the wall in DC to remind us all that ya can't trust freedom when its not in your hands, when everbodys fightin' for the promised land and..."

I don't know, I think thats just an honest line about how [whoever wrote it] felt about the situation in 1991. The nice part is, its still relevent for as long as theres war. Someones always fighting for the cause they think is right and GnR wrote about it in a manner that wasn't too over the top but at the same time wasn't laconic in its thought and delivery.

I really like the song.