Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter And It’s Hatred of Mainstream Pop Music
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

I wanna get in on this cause this funny.

how popular a band is determined by how many people like it and to some extent proof of this is based on how many shows are sell outs.
Well the fact is most people (that is outside of MB) have bad tastes in music. I couldn't go out to say Tower Records and have an intelleigent conversation with an employee cause most of them just sell CDs and don't know crap about what they're selling. And the fact is they know little more about music (no genre in particular) than the consumer theys they sell to. And in today's world most people turn to MTV or Vh1 for music and the fact is these networks cater to mainstream stuff.
I'd like to think that most of the people here at MB know a little something about music and for the most part I trust the opinion of most of you here when it comes to music related stuff.
If it seems like MB hates popular music it isn't so. Most of the people here (including the person that started this thread) doesn't just limit themselves to what the tv airs, or what their local radio station airs, so their knowledge of good music is somewhat broader.
We can dis people like Hillary Duff becuase we know that there's better stuff out there.
It's not thjat we're against popular musicm it's that we prefer the stuff that you won't hear on the tv or the radio.

You guys buying what I'm selling or am I wasting time?

Peace

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote