Music Banter - View Single Post - AC/DC vs. KISS
Thread: AC/DC vs. KISS
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 03:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I disagree on that... Rudd's ridiculous simplicity could rival that of Meg White, but i have never heard him miss a beat, live or in studio... He plays his parts precisely and perfectly (like White), sure that may not be much of a challenge since they are all fairly easy parts to begin with, but his timing is great.... He has never played anything remotely impressive or technically hard.... But because he has never even attempted to do so, it may be because he lacks the ability to play fast, complex lines OR it could either be because he refuses to simplify his sound to suit the bands less is more style, thing is we don't realy know, for all we know the guy can play Rat Salad note for note.... AC/DCs rhythms and beats were always basic and subtle... With KISS, Criss would churn out big drum solos, sometimes he can do a decent solo and other times he would be very inept... He can do his simple drumlines just fine, but when he ventured out of his technical limit he could be a disaster, he often showed off at times when he didn't really have to, this may be hypocritical from a prog fan, but the primary lession here is don't show off if you have nothing to show off... Thats my problem with KISS... If they just stuck to simple songs all the time like AC/DC, that would be great... But too often they would try something that was beyond their league.... They could make some great pop rock albums (Destroyer, Love Gun) but they could also make some genuine crap (Dynasty, nearly everything from the 80s)... And way too many times they have alientated their fanbase by making way too many ill conceived crossover atempts (Disco, Prog, Soft Rock) that overall it really damaged their reputation as a solid hard rock band with a rebel image... But this is only my opinion after all, so you can just take it with a grain of salt, that would be best advised.

^ Free kewpie doll for anyone with a long enough attention span to read all this.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.