Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter And It’s Hatred of Mainstream Pop Music
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #82 (permalink)
hiu
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiu
Hello Sir;

Firstly, I don't think I spend lots of time flaunting my love of pop music, this thread is based purely on my observations around music banter and how it's posters seem to enjoy flaming pop artists. If this thread was about me flaunting my love of pop music I would make a thread entitled "Hiu And His Love of Mainstream Pop Music". Secondly I don't know how you come to the conclusion that listening to pop music makes me feel superior, I think that you not liking pop music makes you feel superior and that's why you so love to "bash" these artists. Who in there right mind would say they like pop music to get street indie cred on a forum.

Good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus
I agree with Cardboard Adolescent. You like to bring up your love of Pop music a lot, seemingly to show us all how open-minded you are. Some people on this forum don't like Pop music, the same as I'll give Rap music to someone and they won't like it, the same with Heavy Metal.

Creating this thread is as equally pointless as the James Blunt Disappreciation Thread which you complained about. It's just going to bring up the same issues about Pop music being talentless swill that would be better off gone to make room for other good bands. Now I'm not saying that this thread was a bad idea, I'm glad that you've created it so now you can keep all your 'why do you hate Pop?' whinges in one controlled place. Now you can try and become an interesting poster without protesting your love of Ashlee Simpson.
I have never complained about the James Blunt thread. Look pop music isn't talentless, this is the shit i'm talking about. Shakira produced, plays guitar, writes good lyrics, sings, plays harmonica and various other things. I wouldn't think some artist would do this just for shits and giggles. The thing I dislike most from you is your hate for the whole style of music.

But as you say you are not going to change or even willing to produce a good arguement.

/closed.
hiu is offline   Reply With Quote