Music Banter - View Single Post - AC/DC vs. KISS
Thread: AC/DC vs. KISS
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalyears
No it's not man because none of those albums debuted in the top 200 none of them Iron Maiden album reached #4 but not in 1980 dude. you think just because a album comes out and records are there you think that is the year that they peaked? hell no Iron maiden albums did'nt peak untill 82. I guarantee you anything that i am right. all these bands did not peak between any of those years. Give Me one source where it says that A Album Debuted at that position. NOt that a band's debute album reached a peak position very big difference. all those bands of the new wave of british heavy metal did not go gold untill later years and then platinum i guarantee you anything. As a matter of fact Iron maiden was barely touring with Judas Priest.
From the sleevenotes of Iron Maiden`s first album...

Quote:
Feb 23rd 1980 - Running Free is released & reaches no 34 in the UK charts.The band become the first band to play on Top Of The Pops totally live since The Who in 1972.

April 14 1980 - The band release their debut album charting at No 4. They play a charity gig at the Ruskin Arms to celebrate.

June 7th - Sanctuary released charts at No 29

August 23rd - Band play 2nd on the bill to UFO at the Reading festival in front of 30,000 fans.
Now why would you play a celebratory gig at reaching no 4 in the charts years before it happened huh?
And you`re hardly likely to play 2nd on the bill at Reading if you have no fans right?

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.