Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of MTV?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #33 (permalink)
silvermoon
Music Addict

I listen to mtv since 1979 the very first day it came on. But for the most part I'd say for the past few years it is really really bad!!!!!!! I don't like the music they play its either bubble gum female pop or hip-hop/rap. Mtv in the 70's 80' and early 90's was so much better. Especially the the 70's and 80's. Mtv 2 I use to have but digital cable comcast tv is far too expensive so we had to downgrade to just basic cable. which only carries Mtv and that sucks! Mtv has too many stupid useless non-music related programs like the awful jessica simpson and her sisters reality show. The real world has been going on for far too long. I hate all those special show the only ones I tolerate is pimp my ride at times. Now vh1 is just as bad but believe it or not a bit better than mtv. It's weird to see rockers like velvet revolver ( couple of the guns & roses band members ) on their channel. What I'm saying is that some of the older rock or metal/ hard rockers are now on the vh1 channel. I try to just listen to the cd player and the radio, this way I can choose the music I love the most.
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote