Music Banter - View Single Post - National Slayer Day!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #45 (permalink)
Stone Magnet
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostPsychosis
Wow thats smart, "hey this guy likes one band that I don't like, his opinion is wrong," from a creative standpoint, and a talent standpoint Iced Earth kicks the **** out of Slayer, the only thing Slayer has on IE is drums, thats it. IE wins on solos (someone for the love of god take away King's dive bar), they destroy them by a huge margin on rhythm section, especially the bass on later albums, and the vocals well no more needs to be said about the vocals. Of course this is all my opinion, but your the one starting this retarted argument. Iced Earth is my favorite band, and you say they suck, but you don't know why. Do you even listen to music, or do you just like a band and say they are good, or not listen to one and say that they suck, but base if off of nothing. Other people have made good arguments for the case of Slayer, and you seem to like them quite a bit, so lets see some reason behind it.
Slayer were more original than Iced Earth; technical skill is completely irrelevant. The Beatles were never incredibly technically skilled, but they wrote some of the greatest songs of all time.

A selective group of fans seem to put bands like Iced Earth up on some pedestal and believe that they are the most innovative, amazing musicians to ever grace the planet. It's a bit irritating.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing the full version of Slayer's new song, "Cult", tomorrow morning.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.

Crowns the sovereic rite to freedom.
Shored the origin forms to a ground accede.
Axiom core of the light shrine flight to shining.
Glows serene to attenuate the space and time.
Stone Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote