Music Banter - View Single Post - Music recommendations please!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 03:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fanatic
I was sick yesterday which is why i haven't been listening to any music, however I did try Alice in Chains again and still REALLY hate them (That guy's voice is disgusting!). I'll try some more suggestions tommorrow (it takes a while to download as well [it's legal in Canada, btw!]), and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks guys.
Disgusting !!!??!!! Layne Staley was one of the greatest singers of the 90s. So much grungey emotion and power in his voice.

Oh well. Each to his own . But IMO if you want a singer that sounds like Kurt Cobain, listen to Stone Temple Pilots. Plenty of Nirvana fans mistake the STP song Creep, for a Nirvana song because Scott Weiland sounds quite like Cobain in it... but more versatile.

You might want to listen to Dirt or the Greatest Hits if you want more grungey music (but unfortunately the Greatest Hits doesn't have Down in a Hole on it). Or if you want more variation, try the Jar of Flies EP.

I suppose you might want to listen to songs like "Heaven With You" and the whole Jar of Flies EP if you dislike his vocals.

In fact, maybe you should just listen to the Jar of Flies EP for getting into Alice in Chains. It's brilliant.