Music Banter - View Single Post - Heaven in Haze
Thread: Heaven in Haze
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #34 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

A queen can buy a painting from some poor man for a $1.00 back in the 1600-1700's and until the painter dies its worth nothing, then because the queen enjoyed his work, the painters works, his paintings all become beautiful and worthy.. I can name 3 painters that to me sucked at painting.. Van Gogh for one. His paintings look like a child could have done them, yet this man was considered to be an amazing painter.

My point is many people are going to have many different opinions, I don't think this artist was worthy of half the good things he got for his work, like many artist from that time.

I personally think that a cliched song isn't always going to be a bad song, look at half the bands you listen to, there songs, read there lyrics, and i bet you can find 100's of cliched songs.. when put to music and sung it could sound amazing tho?

Any one can be harsh because it needs to be said or because its something to be said just becuase it can be said. But saying it cliched and then judging it becaus of that isn't right.

this song be any means isn't a great song, nor a good one.. but i'm sure if we don't scare this boy(?) away his writers may or may not get better.
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote