Music Banter - View Single Post - so how do you cool kids like this
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine
The Emancipation Proclamation didn't end slavery, it gave people of color the right to bear arms (weapons).

and....

[America deserved Pearl Harbor/911/future strikes]
Oh goodness... Raine, I've never interacted with you on the forums before... but you are saying some pretty... dumb things, to be blunt. I suggest you take 5 minutes and go research the Emancipation Proclamation and then come back and tell us what you've learned about something you have very little knowledge about. I'm not attacking you here, but helping you not to make a fool of yourselves around people who know what they are talking about. The right for colored people to bear arms was granted through individual state legislatures and the process of allowing our darker friends went through several stages - such as the Black Codes, etc. And these laws didn't even apply to JUST blacks- as the people were not afraid so much of blacks in those days, but Indians (not Ghandi, but Tonto) were a much larger threat.

Now, I don't remember this for sure - but I don't even remember the Emancipation Proclamation mentioning the right of colored people to do anything with arms at all...

And how can you say we (the US) have deserved everything and we will always deserved to be attacked? And you call yourself a proud citizen? Go tell the family members of the WTC, and the injured that their family members "Deserved" to die, that the injured deserved to be maimed or crippled or emotionally scarred. Walk up and tell them to their face. Have someone video tape it - and I'll send the recording of your face being ripped off to CNN, after all... you probably deserved it. And I guess if somebody in the position of authority said "HEY LET'S KILL ALL PEOPLE BORN IN 1989 BECAUSE A 16 YEAR OLD HIT MY DOG TODAY" you would be dead, and by your logic... you would deserve it.

Please. Go sneak into a rated R movie and take a break from this thread. Or at least do you and the rest of us a favor and do a little research before you run your mouth off, ok? I am sorry if I came off a little harsh, but take a step back and try to comprehend the ignorance of the statements you made. You have single handedly discounted the efforts of millions of people to secure rights (while not always successful, thanks for mentioning) that were previously unheard of in the history of time.

Love you, Crowe.

PS: Are people ignoring Big3's posts? Why do you think corruption, and national problems are a unique trait of America? Should we really go through the histories of other countries and bring out the little skeletons in the national closet? Psh.