Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #1840 (permalink)
jr.
Seeker of Peace

I had two very odd things happen to me.

I have to be at work at 4am on Sundays, so I stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and the paper. I come out, and as I'm getting in the car, a woman pulls up next to me. It's 3:30am, so naturally, I think she is going to ask directions. So, she rolls down her window and says "How are you?" So, then, I think, oh great, a hooker. So anyway, she says she needs a favor, she's in a jam, and she needs money. I feel bad for her, because she looks scared, or nervousm or something not quite right, so, I reach in my pocket. I have 3 dollars to my name. LOL. I give it to her, and she's very thankful, so I know she wasn't just trying to just stick me.

So anyway, I'm riding to work thinking, great, I just gave a total stranger my last three bucks. Once I get to work, I reach into the side pouch of my bag to get my work keys out. There is three dollars in there. Not 5, 10, 1, but three one dollar bills, exactly what I just gave that woman, not 1/2 an hour earlier.

So, later on, I was on my break, reading the funny papers, and in one of the strips, this guy was talking about being happy he finished reading a book, 'Guns, Germs, and Steel'. Then, on my last break, I was reading my book, and a reference was made to the book by Jared Diamond, 'Guns, Germs and Steel'.

Too weird, eh?