Music Banter - View Single Post - I need some help!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
White Lies
destroy oh boy!

Default I need some help!

As you may know, i've become quite obsessed with the Minutemen since i heard them. I regard them as my favorite band now, along with Black Flag.

As I got into the Minutemen i became really interested in SST records, which already carried some of my favorites - Black Flag, Descendents, Bad Brains, The D'icks, Meat Puppets etc. So I checked out Husker Du, and loved them as well. New Day Rising and Zen Arcade are both awesome albums.

The thing about Husker Du and the Minutemen is, while they definitely are punk bands, they are different. Minutemen are funky, Husker Du are noisy and...yeah. I also liked that album by The Cows that was uploaded, and that's pretty noisy and differnet as well. Another band I checked out recently and loved was Mission of Burma (cos of the video thread). They were tough at first, but I now love the album 'Vs'.

But history lesson over, to summarise i guess i'm looking for more bands like these:

Minutemen
Husker Du
Fugazi/Rites of Spring
The Cows
Mission of Burma

in other words, i want some bands that do things that aren't common in 'normal' punk/hardcore music.

Thank you.
White Lies is offline   Reply With Quote