Music Banter - View Single Post - the dumbest band
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
judas_priest
Metal Maiden

[QUOTE=moley]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus

The Darkness-The most blatant rip-off band ever, and they aren't even bothered about it. You try and look at Justin Hawkins smug, gorky face without wanting to punch it... it's impossible....

QUOTE]

oh this is just getting bloody annoying, yes the darkness were a rip off band, but why does that irritate people so much, when they released growing on me i saw it as an oppertunity to remeniss in the glory of the great bands of the 70s/80s once more.
justin hawkins isn't smug at all, he's an entertainer and a fantastically good one at that, there's also the fact that this with said with no regard for the topic, this thread was supposed to single out bands who write simple generic crap, permission to land is some of the most well written rock and roll i've seen come out of the past 2 years.
not to mention the fact that both the guitar playing, singing and bass playing (from the current bass player) happen to be greatly well played and the drums does it's job what more can you ask, it's far from simple, the lyrics were good enough for me, the guitar solos were great, their stage presence was fantastic, yes they were a bit of a piss around band, but the fact that the public caught on in their masses shouldn't earn them the slandering of the likes of you,
if someone could sit here and give me a list of good reasons why the darkness we're **** i'd have a read over and consider your arguement,
but to be honest i see nothing but a great band when i look at the darkness, i mean really, for gods sake people...

yeah I agree that the Darkness get too much criticism. They are a rip of band and I'm not really a fan, but at least they know how to play guitar and have some talent unlike some popular bands today.
I wouldn't go out and buy their albums but I've heard they put on a good show and they do have good stage presence. My friend went to one of their gigs and really enjoyed it, and he generally has good taste in music.
judas_priest is offline   Reply With Quote