Music Banter - View Single Post - The Libertines/Babyshambles/Dirty Pretty Things Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Up The Bracket is one of my favourite albums ever. It gets grows on you more and more and it just gets better and better. I personally really like Pete's vocals on that album (although now he sounds like he's trying to go reggae, not a good move) , i love the way the songs sound like they've been taken in one take, and i love the way there seems to be so much more passion than other bands.

The second album is brilliant but its more overproduced than the debut, it loses some of its charm. Still awesome though.

'Down In Albion' i'm torn with. I can SEE how it could be a brilliant album, but it isn't, mostly because theres too many songs and i think the songs are bit overdone. Its best to search the internet and find earlier versions of the songs, i've got versions of 'Sticks and Stones' and 'Merry-Go Round' which are awesome.

Same with Dirty Pretty Things, good songs but the production doesn't help them at all. They're really great live though.

Personally i think Carl and Pete aren't anywhere as good without each other.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote