Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default Drugged Up Kids

OK this is kinda based on my response to Fal in the your day thread about kids being put on medication for all sorts of behavioral problems.

It seems to me virtually every teen I meet these days is on drugs for some problem or disorder they have and it makes me wonder why.

My own personal opinion of this is I think it`s a decline in standards myself. Physical activity in schools is at the lowest it ever has been , dicipline is virtually non existent , and kids gorge themselves on crap from McDonalds and other junk foods stuffed full of artificial addetives & presevatives....

And then they wonder why they have hyperactive kids running around causing havoc.

It seems to me nobody wants to take responsability.The teachers don`t give a sh*t they just want the easiest & quickest way to sort these kids out.The parents are too busy to cook proper meals or take them places where they can do physical activity , so they just let them rot in front of the TV/Computer/X box stuffing themselves with cheap convenience food.

And as for the kids themselves , well what do you think they`d rather do , eat carrots or cabbage or eat a big mac, play on a computer or run around a playing field for a couple of hours. I mean why go to all that effort when you can just pop a pill & impress your friends wearing your disorder like a badge to say how ****ed up you are.

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with depression & given a perscription for anti-depressents. I ripped it up, the last thing I wanted was to be miserable AND an addict to something that wasn`t even a cure for it , but just something to make me feel better for a few hours.I decided to take responsability for myself ,ate proper meals , did regular excercise and slept properly.Within a couple months I felt like a new person and I don`t regret once ripping up that perscription.

I`m not saying this would work with everybody , but it does seem strange to me given the condition things are in at the moment and the way kids are turning out, I don`t really see how handing out pills to all & sundry does any good.

I would be interested to see what others think.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote