Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

I find hat all of this stuff seems to be the norm primarily for American society.

When I lived in Japan, there was nothing but physical activity to do. Even at school. I was surprised when I came to shcool in America. Half the time we spent in the locker rooms getting changed. In Japan we have a fitness test every four months. It lasted about a week. The test was designed for endurance more than how fast you were.

In the US, I have gym and my teacher is the size of a vending machine which I find to be outrageous.

And part of the reason kids might be so obese is ebcause of the food chains in America. I can't lie, I hate most American foods but Checker's french fries are freaking addictive and you have to eat like three of those ebfore you feel full. I one time ate a chicken sandwich meal at Checker's and half way through I felt my heart stop I think. And I still kept eating. Idon't know what you guys put in the food but whatever it is. . . .

But the major reason why so many youths today are put on medication is because of the many advancements in medicine and the fact that many nations depend heavily on the social aspects of psychology.
Psychologists are finding so many new ways to conquer so many problems faced today by kids. And I'll agree that somrtimes I think kids are given medication when they don't need it.
But before a kid is prescribed drugs, a doctor has to determine what is a serious mental health issue and what is the feeling of rejection that's causing someone to feel sick.
Whcih leads us back to the fact that a lot of young people today are taking medication because they're growing up to fast and getting themselves insituations they're just not ready for.
There are so many teen pregnancies, kids with stds, kids abusing illegal substances, underaged drinking, the pressures to fit in, and so much other stuff. It's a lot to handle. It's kinda sad really.
And part of the reason to all of this starts right at home. If your parents are around they can keep you from certain situations. But a lot of kids today coemf orm single parent homes, or their parents don't care, or they don't listen tot heir parents. And I am not for hitting your kids or anything like that but I'll tell you this: I never once defied my parents because I knew that if I did something really bad, depending on the situation they might be ticked and might break my neck. That and the only person that ever chastised me was my grandmom and she did it with a shen - hai (I think it's spelled that way).

Well that's my 2 cent

PS: I'll eat anything except beef, chocolate (in large quantites), raisins, and gritz. And I rarely eat pork. I eat about six - 8 meals a day. But I have a fast metabolism.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote