Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
But this advancement of medical science doesn`t actually cure anybody , most of the time they are just stimulants to change the behavior of that day. You may as well give hyperactive kids pot and depressed kids speed.
It's a tadmore complicated than that. There are so many different kinds off drugs. And the fact is some of these kids actually need meds.

Quote:
All that stuff you mentioned about drinking , stds , drugs etc etc , just goes to prove my point. If people took responsability for themselves they wouldn`t need these drugs in the first place.
Peer pressure has always been around , so has stress , so have single mothers it`s nothing new.I don`t think it`s any worse now to what it was 10/12 years ago when I was growning up.
I was specifically talking about teens acting this way.
And because this si teenagers we're talking about, science (not limited to psychology) has proven that the brain is not fully developed until you are about 25. Many laws are based on this fact. This why you're not supposed to drink until 21, because drinking earlier than that could slow down the growth of you frontal lobe (part of the brain responsible for reasoning) or could stop your frontal lobe from finishing its development entirely.
If a teen does drugs, sometimes it is poor judgement which can be caused by the fact that their frontal is under developed.
I don't know
As for single parent households. I'm sure they've been around since the dawn of time. But the fact is more and more are sprouting up every day. You can't tell me that it doesn't have an impact on the next generation or my generation even.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote