Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow
I find this insulting to everyone's general intelligence. What did you prove? Nothing. I could have found an articel on the internet if I wanted one.
Well i didn't pull it from the internet
I wasn't trying to prove anything
And if you feel like your intelligence has been insulted. . .well it's not my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
No i`m saying there`s an over reliance on it , there`s much more to life than going to collage or university but you wouldn`t think that from what I hear about the pressure to get there. You are basically told 'this is the most important time in your life blah blah blah' and you have people thinking if they`re not good enough to do that then they are a failure.There are only so many places that can be filled.It`s as if training schemes , on the job training or apprentiships don`t exist anymore because everybody seems to be told that collage & university is the only way.

And you can`t tell me the stress of that and the dissapointment of not getting it , or getting it & finding you can`t cope doesn`t have any effect.
I'm not gonna lie it can be very stressful.
The only reason I want to go to college is ebcause ihave some idea of what I wanna be when I grow up. And in order to succeed in my career choice (whatever itmay be) I will need a college degree.
And the fact is you don't have to go to college ot be successful.
So many people in my family never went to college or even high shcool and make more money than some trained, college educated professionals.

But the fact is, college and universities aren't the only problems or pressures faced by people.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote