Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 AM   #62 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers
Yes Raine, I was prescribed Remeron directly because of the incident when I got drunk. The point I was making didn't have to do with my choice to drink, or the consequences of my actions. The point was that I went to a therapist for a week, then saw a doctor (for medication to be prescribed immediately). It's like it was already a done deal. He didn't consult my therapist or do a full medical examination. He asked my mother and I ten questions about my personality and gave me an anti-depressant. It's as if parents do not fully understand their children they think problems can be solved through a drug. Not true. When you said because I can function without taking meds means I don't need them I say: **** yeah. And I'm sure a lot of people don't need them (the girl for exams). I took aderol for exams last year just to cram studying. I didn't need it, so maybe it's not that PERSRIPTION drugs are looked at as problem starters, but problem solvers for the most part. People think medication is very advanced and that it can solve almost anything maybe. I'm not sure how to look at the unthoughtful flaws of society, the greediness of pharmaceutical companies, or the obligation given to doctors to correct problems faced by patients who don't need drugs. $hit's weak.
Well there are some things wrong with this scenario.
1) Doctors are not supposed to talk about another patients info or give another patients info to other doctors unless they have the consent of the patient or in this case the concent of the guardian/parent of the patient
2) is sucks that your parents dont seem to know you that well and would let something like this happen. But alas, you did not come with directions at birth and your parents didn't come with instructions
3) getting started on medication at an early age for problems you don't have could have negative effects on you later in life. The fact that you were prescribed a medication you didn't want or need almost makes me sick.
4) it's scary but experiencing negative/traumatic events such as that of taking medication you don't want has actually helped save lives or keptone less person of the street. Scary but true.
So now my question to you is, since the last time you were caught drinking, have you done it again, and if so were you caught?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Raine thinks she knows everything, just ignore her posts.
Grow up and stop presuming to know me cause you don't.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote