Music Banter - View Single Post - Dead Prez
Thread: Dead Prez
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal Killah
Ok well let's just say you contradict urself a bit in ur post, and i'm not trying to come at you sideways here... I understand the fact that Dead Prez is voicing their 'opions/facts' about how the government oppresses black ppl, cuz they are black...

So why would they say you don't need to get educated to be a doctor or a dentist if that **** doesn't apply to where they live?? They live in the U.S and they're sending a wack ass message to inner-city youths... Lack of education is one of the most serious reasons why blacks have such a high teenage pregnancy rate and why 17 years olds are on the block at 4 in the morning sticking their brethren up for a pair of Air Force 1's...

Their message is a bit warped!
Can't argue with logic like that.
But I doubt that this particular song iwll influence them one way or other since the more opular rappers they'll be listening too is 50 cent, G-unit, Chris Brown, and Chingy.
And thye're probably watching their rap videos too. Which I believe would influence the amount of money they spend on clothes that doesn't conver half their bodies.

And it's possible even in America to make a lot of money and not have any education. Look at 50 cent. Do you think he has a college degree? He's making a fortune off of stupid people that don't know good music or prefer the sound of trash to good stuff.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote