Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugged Up Kids
Thread: Drugged Up Kids
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #64 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers
Yes, no.
And here's my question to you: Did you read the last post I made stating my argument had nothing to do with the alcohol consumption, but more the fact of drug prescription? Even if the medicine is supposed to show a good moral in the end, it wasn't my point.
I understand the point you tried to make and did get across.
The point I was trying to make is that even though you didn’t think you need the medication, functioned fine in the world without it, there is a chance it could’ve improved the way you already are.
But since the desired effect of the medication wasn’t reached given your answer to the question in my previous post then you are supporting the very reason why I think prescription medications should not always be the first, last, and sometimes only resort in treating a child’s behavior or bad habits.
1) it’s no guarantee that it will help the child (In you case there was no effect at all on your behavior)
2) even if it does work it could lead to problems in the future, that could hinder certain good abilities or behaviors they already possessed.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote