Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Alexisonfire Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #83 (permalink)
holdfasthope
Thrice

yew here it is. The title is: Alexisonfire's Dallas Green: 'We'd Love To Be The Biggest Band In The World'

which is a ****ing **** title, as you will see when you read the interview, dallas did not say anything like that, it just shows how retarded the interviewer is, as you'll see.

But its a good interview good insight, makes Dallas even more cooler then he already is.

Enjoy.

EDIT: had i known it was this long i wouldve searched for the link, but i just ahd it on my comp

At the time Alexisonfire guitarist/vocalist Dallas Green called in to Ultimate-Guitar to talk music and unburden his soul, the band's newest album had not yet been released. As of this reading, Crisis may have already hit the streets. Green, however, did talk about the recent addition to the catalog as well as their 2004 album, Watch Out! Dallas proved to be a witty and insightful character, well aware of what the band create musically and how they go about doing it.

Ultimate-Guitar: So were you sort of distilling influences of Canadian bands? Were you a fan of that stuff at all?

Dallas Green: Of course. There are some bands that you may not have heard of. Bands like The Doughboys and Change of Heart. When I was growing up - when I was 11, 12, 13 - grunge was pretty big. There were sort of a bunch of Canadian bands that were kind of trying to do the grunge thing, too. It was punky-grunge or whatever, as much as I love bands like Alice In Chains and stuff like that.

So what was it about that, the grunge thing?

I first started playing guitar when I think I was eight. What made me really get into it was Stevie Ray Vaughan. Jimi Hendrix and stuff like that - just hearing that and seeing what they can do with the guitar. When you're younger, I think right away when you hear that, it immediately shows you the amazing side of the guitar. It's easy to see that those guys are good. You can tell that they're good right away, so that caught my ear, I guess. Then when I started getting a little bit more into songs, there was something about that that just caught me. For me, Alice in Chains, it had a lot to do with the harmonies that they had, their singing. It was something about those two guys singing (Layne Staley/Jerry Cantrell) together that made me go crazy.

Was there ever an interest in becoming that bluesy kind of guitar player?

Of course. That's all I used to do. I would just play the blues, just solo all the time in my room. Have you ever heard of Colin James?

Yes.

I loved Colin James and stuff like that. But then shortly thereafter once I got into high school, I started sort of trying to write my own songs. When I started writing songs, they just came out a lot different. They really didn't come out that bluesy. I guess they came out sadly-tinged, but they didn't come out that way.

Did you find the writing process an easy one?

For me, no. It's always been easy for me to come up with guitar lines, which enabled me to come up with melodies. But as far as lyrics go, it's always been a tough road for me just because I have a problem with confidence. I don't know. It's just hard for me to think that what I'm doing is good.

Then for you, joining a band where a guy had that lyric thing covered and the vocal thing - that was sort of the next step for you?

But I didn't do that. I started a band that was me singing and playing guitar. So I kind of just forced myself into it.

What was the name of that band?

We were called Helicon Blue. That was just a band that played around my city.
i would like it to be known that holdfasthope is amazing, and even though we are equally attractive...more then YOU ever will be, i worship that man with all my heart. for he is my light in this darkened world.

The Earth Will Shake

Music Banter Dream Team Members Are Ghey

my band=www.myspace.com/wingsofthefallen
holdfasthope is offline   Reply With Quote