Music Banter - View Single Post - Which decade has the better music?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersLabyrinthX
I'm not counting recent music as in the last year or even the last few years because, like you put, they have had no time, it would be unfair to count VERY recent bands. But from 2000 to like 2003, how many bands can you name that are decent and still making hit after hit? I am a firm believer that music standards have decreased immensly, the music just isnt the same.
I hate people say this. I think it's wrong. Music standards have gone up if anything. There is a need to be more technical. 60's The Beatles, 70's Led Zeppelin, 80's Metallica 90's Opeth I don't listen to that much current music so I can't name one but tell me you can't see advances in well written music is in those examples. Music from the past is filtered. Most of the shitty bands get forgotten just like they're suppose to.

And as for the hits comment. The general public casually listens to music. I do not. It is a huge part of me. Why would I care about what someone who listens to the radio in the car thinks about music? To me their opinion means nothing. I don't think a band being succesful has anything to with them being talented. It has everything to do with them likable and sensationalistic.