Music Banter - View Single Post - Borderlining Breakdown
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Well, I quite like the forum because whenever anybody heard my lyrics they always really liked them but then when I posted them as text then those same lyrics were getting slated for different reasons. You can still pick up the story-telling and stucturing side of lyrics on a forum and for development purposes it has positive and negative sides.

On the negative, you can't hear the music so you can't tell whether the rhythms fit or it works within the melody, but on the positive side the absence of that music means that people don't get distracted by the music and will criticise the lyrics mainly for their ability to communicate what you want.

Also, you have the opportunity to become confused as hell about hardcore/screamo lyrics which read like 19th century poetry, but are then delivered (courtesy of mp3 links) like a velociraptor with a voice box, that's just had its leg caught in a meat-grinder. I will never understand screamo.

(p.s. Its not my fault about the E Minor. Those guitarists again!)
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote