Music Banter - View Single Post - *** Shock ... Horror ***
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #184 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
-The White Stripes are not based on music but rather affectation and posturing. Most of their albums includes an off-kilter shoice of a cover song as if to say..."Hey Critics look at what we did...hip isn't it?" Meg can't drum, so each song has a beat that can only be described as plodding and uninspired (she can sing a bit though). On top of that, Jack White writes juvenile nonsense for lyrics and can't sing a lick. His yelping is supposed to be very "Rock & Roll", but I get the feeling he tries to sing well and that's the best he can do. Even when he comes up with a decent guitar lick, it's always borrowed from a better band and coming in as too little too late.

-As someone said before me, The Doors were supremely overrated. The tone of the organ they used was almost an instant relic, and they missed the fact that if psychedelia takes itself too seriously, it loses its charm. They were moronic wankers who had no business making a song that exceeded the 3 and a half minute mark. They produced a few great songs, but their larger body of work is the antithesis of timelessness. Their biggest accomplishment was inadvertently inspiring Iggy Pop to form The Stooges. Jim Morrison is like that friend you have, who makes you listen to/read his poetry, and while it's a steaming pile, you have to smile and nod or he'll throw a fit.

Ok...that's enough for now.
Fuck I hate opinions.