Music Banter - View Single Post - Music world cup
Thread: Music world cup
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 AM   #37 (permalink)
magneto
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Magnet
It was fair to put Lateralus up against Blackwater Park. Lateralus is Tool's most highly regarded album, just as Blackwater Park is often Opeth's most highly regarded album. Undertow expanded on Opiate, Ænima expanded on Undertow, and Lateralus expanded on Ænima. Tool's music becomes more and more complex and abstract with every release. It really doesn't matter which album you would choose over Lateralus, because what you think isn't going to change anything. Lateralus is still often referred to as Tool's best album, and it still beat Blackwater Park. What exactly are you trying to prove?

When it comes to intricateness and divergency, Tool absolutely eradicate Opeth. Lateralus is one of Tool's most progressive albums. In fact, Lateralus alone is more progressive than anything Opeth have ever recorded. It's certainly more progressive than Undertow as well. If you don't think that Lateralus is a heavy, progressive album, then it's quite obvious that you are the one that needs to 'get real'.

Now quit trying to shove your uneducated opinion down everyone's throat and get back on topic.

Stone Magnet, you created this match, why don't you vote? The score is Hendrix- Pink Floyd 4-4 and the album which will get the next vote, will win.

And about Lateralus being better than Blackwater Park, I really disagree. But this is just my personal opinion. I was always more into dark, doom music and maybe that's why I like Opeth more. But I think that even if we compare the melodic, acoustic partsw of these two albums, Opeth still win. I mean just listen to the intro of Dirge for November" or Patterns in the Ivy or the melodic part of the Blackwater park track.
Are there acoustic parts of such quality and beauty in Lateralus? I think not.
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote