Music Banter - View Single Post - Guys: What do you look for in Girls
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 04:23 AM   #244 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
Here I was, thinking it was important to look at what's inside a person, when in reality, the important thing is what comes out of a person. Farts and burps. Wow.
What's inside a person isn't such a useful search criteria though, as it takes time and experience with that person to find out what they are like. You can't specifically 'look for' deeper qualities, because you don't know which deeper qualities somebody has until you've got to know them. Looks and more superficial aspects of behaviour can be seen immediately, so to me it makes sense to make some of your initial choices based on those qualities. Its would be pretty silly to assume that people who you find good-looking will be tossers and that everybody you find ugly will be blessed with a fascinating personality, so you might as well go for those who you find more physically attractive... because that's one of the few concrete judgements you can make early on.

Once again, I go for girls who I find really physically attractive. If they turn out to be annoying, I lose interest. If they turn out to be extremely nice, clever and funny (like my girlfriend is), then great.