Music Banter - View Single Post - The History Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

k, mines of bands, so like I more just went into the history of the bands themselves, not the people & they're all new..and its more of a bio then a history, cause they're like making their history now if that makes sense..*feels like his are petty compared to tdocs* & I did three cause you said i'd be fine and I could never choose between fall of troy/ctts/blood brothers.

Band: Circle Takes The Square
Genre: Screamo

CTTS formed in 2000 as a four piece in Savannah, Georgia, after two albums they lost a guitarist but gained another in late 2004.

Their first release was a six song demo in 2001, released by them selves. They then recorded a split 7” with pg. 99 “Pyramids in Cloth” on perpetual motion, in 2002. Then, the full lengthed album As The Roots Undo on Robotic Empire in Jan. 2004. Rumors say they’re currently working on their new album.

Band: The Fall Of Troy
Genre: Progressive Screamo?

All three members (Thomas Erak, Tim Ward, Andrew Forsman) come from a band of a similar sound, called the thirty year war. Which they were in when they were 17 years old. The Fall Of Troy gets their sound from a combing of At-The Drive In and Rush (they’ve said so themselves).

They’ve released three albums, their debut (self-titled) on Lujo Records in November 2003. Then the Ghostship Demos they released themselves in 2004 and Doppleganger in August 2005 on equal vision records. They’re working on their new studio album which will feature their new songs “Excreations” and "A Man, a Plan, a Canal, Panama". It should be out late 2006 mid 2007.

Band: The Blood Brothers
Genre: Experimental Hardcore?

All five kids met through Seattle’s punk scene and formed a band called the blood brothers in 1997. At the time, there were lots of can’t dos and rules in the scene. The blood brothers were very well accepted when they came out and had a huge impact.

In 2000 they released This Adultery Is Ripe on Second Nature and Sound Virus. In 2001, March On Electric Children on ThreeOneG. In 2002 the band signed to ARTISTdirect. And they released Burn Piano Island Burn (2003) and Crimes (2004). They’re working on their new album now, Young Machetes with fugazi member/producer Guy Picciottto due for release on V2, October 10th 2006.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote