Music Banter - View Single Post - A Fire Inside
Thread: A Fire Inside
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #202 (permalink)
Music Is Pwnage
Follower of The FSM!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow
I don't like The Art of Drowning, Sing the Sorrow or, Decemberunderground because the instrumental is definitely less important. But, out of those 3 albums this one has the best vocals.
I found nothing wrong with AOD or STS, they're my 2 favorites, I can't get bored of them. And as for instruments being less important, I really doubt that BSITS had much to do with instruments at all. In fact, most of it sounded the same. But I liked one, so I liked the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
How many much TBS songs have you heard? I have everything they've done and I know it doesn't sound like this. For one, lyrically/vocally they're completely different and musically this album is nothing special as it was with Sing The Sorrow/Art Of Drowning but not TBSey at all. Yes, its not as 'dark' sounding as Sing The Sorrow, but I wouldn't go so far as to compare it to a pop-group. Then again this album was the most mainstream successful I think, which is probaly were a 'true' AFI fan hate comes from.
I've heard quite a few TBS songs, they all gave me a serious headache. Some of these AFI songs are pretty much the same headache, and I can't stand it. It's that style they're using that I remember being used in TBS songs. Don't like it. But now that I'm forcing myself to give them second listens, The Missing Frame and Kiss&Control are pretty good.
Music Is Pwnage is offline   Reply With Quote