Music Banter - View Single Post - Heavy Metal
Thread: Heavy Metal
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levithian
I have heard that rumour...I dunno. It's hard to know what Devin's thinking about, he seemed to be enjoying himself at Donnington. The new album is ment to be along the same lines as the "Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing" album, which for most people is their worst album as a band, but I quite liked it, "S.Y.L" is a great song off that album. Their newer stuff is my prefered work, but that's just me. If it the end of SYL then i'll be upset, but hopefully he'll do more solo work...So I don't know much more than you mate...
Obviously it's up to him and the rest of S.Y.L., but if he does go back to the solo route, I hope it's also towards the heavy side like S.Y.L. is.For Devin Townsend band songs I really like the song Irish Maiden, so when I burnt myself a disc of Devin Townsend classics, I included that as the 1st song.I also included songs such as these if you know any of them:

-Hide Nowhere.
-Traveller.
-Suicide.
-Earth Day.
-The Sinner (live).
-Seventh Wave.
-Depth Charge.
-Triumph.
-War.
-Storm.

I've already heard some of the album by successfully downloading most of the songs, although I haven't heard all of each song because I didn't burn them yet, ya see?The new album is called The New Black and I have all songs downloaded and stored except for Hope and You Suck.Each disc I have is 80 minutes so I also will include other songs on this disc such as A.A.A., All Hail The New Flesh, Home Nucleonics, Detox and Underneath The Waves, among others to complete the full 80 minute disc.From what I've heard (listened to, not critics articles) The New Black is pretty heavy, with many fast paced and insane beats, so I can't wait till I finally get it all downloaded and burned already!!!I'm new to downloading and all that nonsense so I actually do own the store purchased discs Alien an
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote