Music Banter - View Single Post - Grad Student Proposing Something New
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oi_To_The_World
Unpatriot Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy
Hey MyWorld,
I'm only 29... only - ugh... that's hard for a woman to say But I've got almost 10 yrs. on Oi and I definitely feel those years when I talk with someone that much younger. After my undergrad studies, I worked as a sound engineer for 5 yrs. and DJ'ed at a heavy metal station for a few of those years as a side job. I always wanted to go on for more schooling (I'm sick in the head, I guess!) but got sucked into my jobs - they were cool! Now I'm finally doing the grad thing... but will be out in the "real world" again soon... and I can't wait!
your comment about my age and "talk with someone that much younger" was unnecessary. i responded to your post with honesty and intention to help, not insult you. I'm sorry you were looking for responses from specific age groups, maybe your proposal should state that explicitly. i respect that you are going to grad school, but is age so significant? Next winter, i too plan on going to grad school and i will only be 21. when you step into the "real world", you might want to be careful with who you discrimate against and what things you generalize/stereotype.
never mind.
Oi_To_The_World is offline   Reply With Quote