Music Banter - View Single Post - Ozzfest 2006
Thread: Ozzfest 2006
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
The venue/band playing it has everything to do with the price of the ticket.
So any band that is going to cost $93 to go and see isn't going to play a venue without stadium seating.
Which is the most horrible way to watch a concert.

And just because you like them, doesn't mean they aren't sh*t, in fact, it sort of strengthens my point.

Let me ask you 2 things.

1. What is the venue, in the state that you live now, that you normal go to for a concert?
2. What are the past couple of bands you have seen at ^that^ venue?
Where I live may be part of it, but won't help you because I've traveled as far as other countries to see a particular performer live.

Since I do take up residence in PA however (for most of the year) I usually go to the tweeter center, The Troc, The TLA, or the Electric Factory for most concerts.

bands I've seen at The tweeter Center:
Linkin Park, Staind, Hoobstank, POD, Good Charlotte, MSI, Dream theatre, Taproot, the Foo Fighters, and a ton of others. I've also seen Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera there. All of the tickets for those shows were under 80 bucks. I went to the Sounds of the Underground concert there last year to see bands like Norma Jean and Gwar and the ticket cost maybe 70 bucks.

Bands I've seen at the TLA
The Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age (If not there then the Electric Factory), MSI, Weezer, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, Alient Ant Farm, Jack Johnson

Bands I've seen at the electric Factory:
Good Charlotte, Sugar Cult, Linkin Park, Dave Matthews Band, and others

Bands I've seen at the Troc:
Good Charlotte, and some others mostly local bands

Bands at the Festival Pier (concerts are free)
Seether
Green Day
Oasis (I think)
Evanescence
Shinedown
and some other

Bands I've seen somewhere in Philly but not sure of the venue:
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Rage Against the Machine
Papa Roach
Pink Floyd
Mighty Mighty Boss Tones
Blink 182
and too many others. I excluded pop artists like Justin Timberlake and rappers like Eminem.
I assure you, I've never payed more than 80$ for tickets to any of these shows.
If you go see Ozzfest in any part of PA just about, you're gonna pay maybe 80 bucks at least. Unless it hits Hershey, PA and then you'd never know what the price would be.
And Ozzfest is always an outdoor event.

Keep in mind there are two or three other venues I frequent but didn't mention.
And for the record, I usually don't care too much about how big the venue is. And I'm not too picky about whether it's indoor or outdoor depending on the musician. I don't want to see Justine Timberlake at an outdoor event. I do however want to see Warped Tour at an outdoor event.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote