Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #2384 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
Also today (this morning) my 5 year old son swam 2 lengths on his back, without armbands. *is proud*
are arm bands those tubular balloons that go on your arm to help you buoy in the water or are they something else entirely?
And congratulations to your son.

My day was. .
dull really
I went to work last night but got off early because things were kinda slow even though it was saturday.
Eventually i got around to some sleep
and this morning I went to catholic church because well my boyfriend goes to synagogue and he suggested that i wouldn't feel so lonely or uncomfortable with it if I actually practiced my religion or any religion on a daily basis. So yeah I found myself at a catholic chuch this morning trying to confess some of my sins to a guy I never met in my entire life before.
I wasn't too comfortable with that so I was as vague as possible. But slowly i started to open up more. And half the time we weren't even talking about my sins just every day life in the city.
And somehow the topic had turned to relationships (and some of my hang ups concerning them). I told the preist that my boyfriend was jewish. He wasn't condescending or anything and didn't say anything about it. I then told him that I wasn't catholic either. (But that my father is). And then we were talking about me and some of my insecurites about rob. The priest gathered that I wasn't married and that I was living with my boyfriend. He said I was living in sin. I told him that as of recently we'd been having some problems int he bedroom department and that we weren't living in as much sin as I'd like. I think I heard the guy choke. And he said it was probably a sign that i shouldn't be having sex with him anyway. So I asked him what would be the difference if we were married. He said our union would be recognized by god. I told him what if I didn't care about what god thought. He said I should care and that no matter my faith god is real and does care. I had grown to like the guy a little so i didn't want to anger him by telling him that if god cared he'd make it so that condoms grew on trees. But that's neither here or there since what I actually said was: if god is real and did care as much he proclaimed he did then he'd be in there the next time we had sex.
Any rate, we eventually got past that and we started talking about some of my insecurities concerning the relationship. And most of them had to deal with sex . . . so yeah. That just seemed to be the topic of choice.

And now I feel wierded out by all and I'm wodnering if this is a sign. That I should stop going to catholic churches or stop going to places of worship in general since I really don't need to to practice my faith
I feel all of this could have been avoided if I just jogged and then came back home like I do most sundays

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote