Music Banter - View Single Post - being a designated driver sucks ass
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
BethanySoon2b21
Groupie

Default I love being a sober driver.

After much soul searching and yes, I'll admit, beer sipping, I have realized that there is more to life than being a part of the party.
Why be actually involved in the shenanigans when you can help save lives? Sure, we all enjoy to boogie, and naturally I love delicate conversation over varied cheeses and crackers, but personally I feel my night is better served taking care of those around me. I may not know the person in the seat to my right, and while I had math with the two boys in the back, they have no idea who I am. In the close, cozy (and after many late nights with a hoover and trash can, clean!!!) ambiance of my vehicle, I can bond with the always friendly folks around me. It even brings me closer to Jesus. In conclusion, I wish to say that for all of those sober driving they should feel a warm glow in their heart, far surpassing any fuzzy warmth of alcohol, and the next morning satisfaction of a job well done (as well as getting the free parking!!!!), surely is greater than a hangover.
BethanySoon2b21 is offline   Reply With Quote