Music Banter - View Single Post - Anti or Pro-war
Thread: Anti or Pro-war
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Any war helps control the human population. Although in this day and age people use it as an excuse to have sex and then we have yet another baby boom.

But for the most part i think wars of any kind are unnecessary and immoral, no matter hwat your goal or beliefs are.

I read a book called All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Romarque . And there was something in there that I'll always remember:
war pits young men (soldiers) against other young men of another colored uniform. Some of them will die to further the need of a politician's (ruler of a nation) goal. Rather than fight the war themselves they will use the youth of their nation to fight battles ebcause they are expendable.

If I choose to be against any war it is for that reason. The thing between Lebanon and Israel, I think is really unnecessary and is backed by a bunch of idiots. I've said it before adn i'll sya it again, Israel should be used to doing battle with the nations surrounding them. In all of the years hat they've been engaged in one war or other you mean to tell me that they haven't learned that there's a better way? I have nothing against Israelis but maybe if a few more die, someone there will wise up.
Maybe they deserve to have their nation destroyed and torn to bits. But who am I to say that that should happen? I'm not god nor any great being of supremem knowledge (that's for sure) but I am almost certain that if the US stopped backing them the nation would definitely crumble and there would be no war right now.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote