Music Banter - View Single Post - what would you do with..ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

If I had one million dollars I’d like to split half of it between these various charities:
the Family Violence Prevention fund because no form of violence should be tolerated; the Scott Newman fund because I’ve seen first hand how drugs/alcohol can damage a family or a single one person’s life and with more money they could probably offer more help to people that suffer with drug/alcohol related issues; the Rape Abuse and Incest International fund for my own reasons; and lastly, the National Clearinghouse for the Defense of Battered Women simply because there are women all over the world that are abused by many people in their lives and I thin money for this particular charity could help educate women in communities all over the world on how to better deal with abuse of any sort.
As for the rest, I’d like to set up a program within the National Clearinghouse for the Defense of Battered Women that offers defense lessons and maybe hire someone to demonstrate some of the most basic defensive maneuvers.
And I’d very much like to create a branch in the Rape Abuse and Incest International fund that handles the medical care for victims of these sorts of heinous crimes. Money in this branch would go to helping giving victims the best medical care as possible.

If I were to perhaps invest this money and make a profit I’d probably start my own art studio. And I’d spend a good deal of money advertising and trying to bring new art into any particular community.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote