Music Banter - View Single Post - how did rock change your life?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 08:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

I don't thik rock changed my life too much.
I was about 6 the first time i heard Pink Floyd. So even if rock has changed my life I would have been too young to accurately remember how it changed my life. But I notice now that I'm older, that I have a tendency to be a lot more calmer when i'm listening to stuff like Pink Floyd. And if I'm angry or sad about something I usually don't feel as sad or mad as I did before I listened to it.
But I get the same with all other kinds of music too I think. This isn't too accurate. I'm pretty sure I can come up with something better than that.

At any rate, I guess rock music (and other kinds of music too) inspires me to continue and go on with life. My theory is this:
If there is so much talent, and bright ideas to be found in the world today I wouldn't wanna go out and kill myself or something like that. If I did, I'd miss out on all the later and newer inventions in rock that I would have been alive for had I not killed myself. So I guess in a way rock music does give me the inspiration and motivation necessary for me to continue on with my life.

I hope at least some of that made some sense.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote