Music Banter - View Single Post - hey, hey, hey we're the Monkeys
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
What do you mean 'in the times' , there has always been singing groups?
well it was a long time ago, and it was a women girl group and it was bassed on singing.. it pretty much ran around that one girl.
Quote:
And they were popular because they had good singing voices and sang good songs.
Since when do you need to play an instrument to be a good singer?
you don't, but it shows more talent in groups if they can do more thensing, mostly when there's one main singer and the other two just seem to be back up... if its going to be like that, then why not play your own instruments?
Quote:
Outside writers & producers , backing & offstage musicians happen in ALL genres of music , not just pop.[
I know. Many bands seems to have liek three memebers, where one plays drums and another plays base, and another plays guitar.. and then if ever another instrument is in a song.. sure its going to be another person thats not really a part of the band... not saying there's anything wrong about that.

groups = to one always getting more attention, and sings more then the rest, then it just seems like one is the singer and the others are just there for 'group look' and are just relaly back up singers.

bands = every one has a real part.. some oen sings, and each person plays a instruments; and or the singer plays a instruement or just sings.. but either way everyone has a part.. and the singer may have a extra part if he/she plays and sings.
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote