Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #2644 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersLabyrinthX
Shower then Work. And I gotta set up a Gynocologist appointment, and I've never been.....has anyone been and could give me some kind of idea whats gonna happen? I'm afraid. lol.
depends on the nature of your problem
You can get tested for STD's
in which case they'll ask you to pee in a cup.

if you're going to find out how fertile you are, then they'll ask for family history and illness, they'll have you pee in a cup and that's about it.

if you think there's something wrong with your private area, they'll have you change out of your pants, put a gown on, and yes someone will stick a hand in your private area.

In all cases, most gyncologists do one of those mamamogram self tests things and will show you how to do it yourself.
They'll ask you about your sex history and if you do any drugs and or smoke. Some might ask you how often you had a drink and when you had your last drink.

If you go to be tested for any kind of disease, they will arrange for you to have some blood work done. If not that day, then sometime later on in the week.

If you think you're pregnant, they'll ask you to pee in a cup, probe around your stomach (touch it and whatever), they'll ask abuot the last time you had sex, and that's about it. If it turns out that you are pregnant I do believe they send your results to the radiology department (or whatever it's called) so you can have an ultrasound performed to see how far long you are. They may also do some blood work.

If it's for contraceptive information. They'll have you pee in a cup, ask you about how often you have sex, and sometimes if you're in a monogamous relationship. They'll ask for family history of disease, and ask about how often you drink and or smoke.

If you're going to be fitted for a cervical cap or diaphragm, they'll ask you to change out of your pants and into one of those gown things, and measure your cervix. They'll also tell you about how to put it in, remove it, and the risks you take by using it. They'll also tell you how often you should get it changed or come in to be resized.

If you're going because you're having irregular periods (or whatever) they'll have you change out of your pants and put on a gown. They'll have you pee in a cup. They might do bloodwork, and they'll ask some questions about your family history concerning diseases. They'll probe around your breasts and that's about it.

And that's all I can think of.
I think I've covered everything

My best advice is to not eat anything to sugary within an hour of seeing the doctor. By sugary I mean a stack of pancakes and half a container of syrup.

And there's nothing to fear from a gyncologist. Unless they save you have a cyst. (Which is pretty common) They'll make an appointment for you to see the surgery department, you'll have an ultrasound done and if the cyst is of a certain size or is a danger to you, they'll remove it. Not necessarily that day.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote