Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ataris
Thread: The Ataris
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Default The Ataris

The Ataris have 5 full-length albums and along with 2 EP's. They clearly have more of the 90's new age punk influence then any other. With there clear punk sound also lies a very clear pop/punk sound; which is brought out more in there last 2 newer albums ‘Welcome The Night (2006)' and ‘So Long, Astoria (2003)'.

The Band started in 1996, the recordings started in late 1996 and 1997 in Kris Roe's bedroom with a computered drummer on hand. For this band it took a while to finally complete the band, after all they needed a real drummer. Eventually they added Marco Pera as there guitarist, and Mike Davenport as there bassist, and who used be the Lagwagon drummer Derrick Plourde. It didn't take long before there brand new drummer was later replaced by Chris Kanpp. The Ataris seemed to be headed toward susses. The Ataris then recorded there frist record ‘Anywhere but here (1997)' for Kun-Fu Records.

It didn't take long to be noticed by other recording company, ‘Fat Wreck Chords'. There was a clear opportunity to have a better based label which could help with there susses. The EP ‘Look Forward to Failure (1998)'; then not long after releasing there second full-length album ‘Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits (1999)'; which in my personally opinion turned out to be there best album to date, along with there first album ‘Anywhere but Here (1997)'.

The band went on to tour with other pop/punk bands such as Blink 182 and MxPx. They wouldn't see the same susses as Blink 182 for a few more years, but managed to grain more public acclaim then MxPx. After the tour the Ataris released there now 3rd album ‘Let it Brun (2000)'. The Ataris would go on to make one more album for ‘Fat Wreck Chords' before moving over to another recording company named ‘ Columbia Records'. On ‘Columbia Records' The Ataris would go on to release 2 more albums ‘The End is Forever (2001)', and two of there worse albums to date ‘So Long, Astoria (2003)', and ‘Welcome The Night (2006'.

Albums:
Anywhere But Here (1997)
Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits (1999)
End Is Forever (2001)
So Long, Astoria (2003)
Welcome The Night (2006)

Eps:
Look Forward To Failure (1998)
Let It Burn (2000)

I Recommend:

Albums:
Anywhere But Here (1997)
End Is Forever (2001)

Eps:
Let It Burn (2000)

Songs From:

Albums:

Anywhere But Here (1997)
Take Me Back
Are We There Yet?
Angry Nerd Rock
Let It Go
Myself
Perfectly Happy

San Dimas High School Football Rules
Your Boyfriend Sucks
I Won't Spend Another Night Alone
Broken Promise Ring
Angry Nerd Rock
The Last Song I Will Ever Write About a Girl
Choices
Answer

End Is Forever (2001)

Giving Up On Love
I.O.U. One Galaxy
Bad Case Of Broken Heart
If You Really Want To Hear About It...
Fast Times At Drop-Out High
You Need A Hug
How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Hello & Goodbye

Eps:

San Dimas High School Football Rules
My So Called Life
That Special Girl

Let It Burn (2000)
The Radio Still Sucks
P.S. The Scene Is Dead
Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits
Let It Burn
San Dimas High School Football Rules (Acoustic)
Bad Case Of Broken Heart

websites:
myspace
downloads
downloads
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote